Skip to main content

New Year Brings New Changes

Well, 2019 has already proven to be very interesting. My parents, ages 78 & 82, have recently moved in with us. They are aging parents with numerous health problems so living alone is not possible. 

They were living with my brother and his wife, but that situation became the less favorable option, so that leaves me. I knew it was coming, so I began to prep the kids. 

I started with the boys, because it affects them the most. When my folks came for a short visit, our youngest would give up his bedroom. His bedroom had the full-size bed and was attached to a bathroom. However, while it is a great size for a second-grader, it is ridiculously small for the older parental units.

So we prepared everyone for bedroom turnover. The parents move into the bigger of the boys' bedrooms taking the full size bed and remain attached to the bathroom. The boys moved into the computer room: bigger for both but no bathroom. And then we took the computer, some crafts from the family/computer room  into youngest bedroom making it the new computer room. Boys seemed okay with this change, cause they now get a bunk bed. 

But now the grands have a great new room with closet space, storage, bathroom, and a sitting room with recliner, table and lamp. 

January 15 is the unofficial official anniversary of one month. We can do this.

Comments